Live-in Caregiver Program


The Live-in Caregiver Program is for a foreign national who is qualified to provide care for children, elderly person or person with disabilities in a private home in Canada without supervision. If you are hired as a live-in caregiver in Canada, you must live in your employer’s home. Once you work as a live-in caregiver for two years, you will then be permitted to request your Permanent Residence.

Eligibility to Apply

You must have:

  • a job confirmation letter from a Canadian employer
  • a written contract with your future employer
  • successful completion of the equivalent of Canadian secondary school
  • taken at least six months’ training, or at least one year of full-time experience (including six months with one employer) during the past three years
  • good knowledge of English or French
  • a work permit before you enter Canada
  • complete a medical examination
  • provide proof of no criminal record
  • Please contact our office should you have any questions regarding your eligibility and the procedures for applying for Live-in Caregiver Program.

    © 2009-2010 Lai’s Immigration Consultants